Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions, together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the terms under which goods are sold by Mary Jane CBD LTD through this website.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and ensure that you understand them before ordering any goods from our website. You will be required to read and accept these terms and conditions when ordering any of our products. These terms and conditions, as well as any and all contracts are in the English language only.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
- ‘Contract’ – means a contract for the purchase and sale of products, as explained in Clause 8;
- ‘Dispatch Confirmation’ – means our acceptance and confirmation of your order;
- ‘Goods’ – Mary Jane CBD LTD branded products and services.
2. Information About Us
Our website, www.MaryJaneCBD.co.uk, is owned and operated by Mary Jane CBD LTD
3. Access to and Use of Our Site
Access to our site is free of charge. It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access our site.
Access to our site is provided ‘as is’ and on an ‘as available’ basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue our site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if our website (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
4. Age Restrictions
Consumers may only purchase Goods through Our Site if they are at least 18 years of age.
5. Business Customers
These Terms and Conditions do not apply to customers purchasing goods in the course of business. If you are a business customer, please consult our Business Terms of Sale by getting in touch.
6. International Customers
We do not currently sell to customers outside of the United Kingdom.
7. Goods, Pricing and Availability
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of our products correspond to the actual goods.
Please note, however, the following:
- Images of goods are for illustrative purposes only. There may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in computer displays, lighting conditions and creation of said product.
- Please note that sub-Clause 7.1 does not exclude our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to minor variations of the correct Goods, not to different goods altogether. Please refer to Clause 11 if you receive incorrect goods (i.e. products that are not as described).
- Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required size, and number of the goods that you are purchasing.
- We neither represent nor warrant that goods will be available at any given time.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on Our Site are correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time to time as necessary. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed (please note Clause 7 regarding VAT, however).
All prices are checked by Mary Jane CBD LTD when we process your order. In the unlikely event that We have shown incorrect pricing information, please note the following:
- We will contact you in writing before proceeding with your order to inform you of the mistake and to ask you how you wish to proceed. We will give you the option to purchase at the correct price or to cancel your order (or the affected part thereof).
- We will not proceed with processing your order until you respond. If we do not receive a response from you within two weeks, We will treat your order as cancelled and notify you of the same in writing.
- In the event that the price of goods you have ordered changes between your Order being placed and Us processing that order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on our site at the time of placing your order.
- All prices on our site include VAT if applicable. If the VAT rate changes between your order being placed and Us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment.
- Delivery charges are included in the price of goods on our site. Delivery will be via Royal Mail.
8. Orders – How Contracts Are Formed
Our site will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your order to us you will be given the opportunity to review your order and amend it. Please ensure that you have checked your Order carefully before submitting it.
No part of our site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acknowledgement of receipt of your Order does not mean that we have accepted it. Our acceptance is indicated by us sending you a Dispatch Confirmation by email. Only once We have sent you a dispatch confirmation will there be a legally binding Contract between Mary Jane CBD LTD and yourself.
Dispatch Confirmations shall contain the following information:
- Confirmation of the goods ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those goods;
- Fully itemised pricing for the goods ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
- Estimated delivery date(s);
If We, for any reason, do not accept or cannot fulfil your order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. If we have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within seven days.
Payment for Goods and related delivery charges must always be made in advance and you will be prompted to pay during the order process.
We accept the following methods of payment:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
10. Delivery, Risk and Ownership
All goods purchased through our site will normally be delivered within 30 calendar days of the date of our dispatch confirmation unless otherwise agreed (subject to delays caused by events outside of our control, for which see Clause 15).
If we are unable to deliver the goods on the delivery date (if, for example, no one is available at your address to receive the Goods) We will instruct our chosen courier to provide you with an alternative delivery arrangement.
In the unlikely event that we fail to deliver the goods within 30 calendar days of our dispatch confirmation (unless otherwise agreed as under Clause 10), if any of the following apply you may cancel your Order immediately:
- We have refused to deliver your goods; or In light of all relevant circumstances, delivery within that time period was essential; or You informed us when ordering the goods that delivery within that time period was essential.
- If you do not wish to cancel under Clause 10 or if none of the specified circumstances apply, you may specify a new (reasonable) delivery date. If we fail to meet the new deadline, you may then cancel your order.
- You may cancel all or part of your order under Clauses 10 provided that separating the goods in your order would not significantly reduce their value. Any sums that you have already paid for cancelled goods and their delivery will be refunded to you. Please note that if any cancelled goods are delivered to you, you must return them to us or arrange with us for their collection. In either case, We will bear the cost of returning the cancelled goods.
Delivery shall be deemed complete once We have delivered the goods to the address, including, where relevant, any alternative address provided in your order.
The risk in the Goods shall remain with Us until they come into your physical possession.
Ownership of the Goods passes to you once we have received payment in full of all sums due (including any applicable delivery charges).
11. Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Goods
By law, we must provide goods that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information We have provided, and that match any samples or models that you have seen or examined (unless We have made you aware of any differences).
If any goods you have purchased do not comply and, for example, have faults or are damaged when you receive them, or if you receive incorrect goods, please contact us as soon as reasonably possible to discuss the fault, damage or error, and to arrange for a refund, repair or replacement.
Beginning on the day that you receive the Goods (and ownership of them) you have a 30 calendar day right to reject the goods and to receive a full refund if they do not conform as stated above. Alternatively, you may request a replacement of the Goods. We will bear any associated costs and will carry out the replacement within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to you.
In certain circumstances, where a replacement is impossible or otherwise disproportionate, We may instead offer you a full refund. If you request a replacement during the 30 calendar day rejection period, that period will be suspended while We carry out the replacement and will resume on the day that you receive the replacement goods. If less than seven calendar days remain out of the original period, it will be extended to seven calendar days. If, after a replacement, the Goods still do not conform (or if We cannot do so as previously described, or have failed to act within a reasonable time or without significant inconvenience to you), you may have the right either to keep the goods at a reduced price, or to reject them in exchange for a refund. All rejected goods must be returned to Us.
Please note that you will not be eligible to claim under this Clause 11 if we informed you of the fault(s), damage or other problems with the goods before your purchase of the them (and it is because of the same issue that you now wish to return them); if you have purchased the goods for an unsuitable purpose that is neither obvious nor made known to us and the problem has resulted from your use of the goods for that purpose; or if the problem is the result of normal wear and tear, misuse or intentional or careless damage.
Please also note that you may not return Goods to Us under this Clause 11 merely because you have changed your mind. If you are a consumer in the European Union you have a legal right to a 14 calendar day cooling off period within which you can return goods for this reason. Please refer to Clause 12 for more details.
To return Goods to Us for any reason under this Clause 11, please contact us to arrange for a collection and return. We will be fully responsible for the costs of returning goods under this Clause 11 and will reimburse you where appropriate.
Refunds (whether full or partial, including reductions in price) under this Clause 11 will be issued within 14 Calendar Days of the day on which we agree that you are entitled to the refund.
Any and all refunds issued under this Clause 11 will include all delivery costs paid by you when the goods were originally purchased.
For further information on your rights as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
12. Cancelling and Returning Goods if You Change Your Mind
If you are a consumer in the European Union, you have a legal right to a ‘cooling off’ period within which you can cancel the Contract for any reason. This period begins once your order is complete and we have sent you your Dispatch Confirmation, i.e. when the contract between you and Mary Jane CBD LTD has been formed.
If the goods are being delivered to you in a single installment (whether single or multiple items), the cooling off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the goods.
If the goods are being delivered in separate installments on separate days, the cooling off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the final installment of goods.
If your order is for the regular delivery of goods over a defined period, the cooling off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of goods.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel under this Clause 12, you must inform us of your decision within the cooling off period. You may do so by telephone, email or letter.
Cancellation by email or by post is effective from the date on which you send Us your message. Please note that the cooling off period lasts for whole calendar days. If, for example, you send us an email or letter by 23:59 on the final day of the cooling off period, your cancellation will be valid and accepted.
We may ask you why you have chosen to cancel and may use any answers you provide to improve our service, however please note that you are under no obligation to provide any details if you do not wish to.
Please note that you may lose your legal right to cancel under this Clause 12 in the following circumstances:
- If the Goods have been partially used by you after receiving them.
- Please ensure that you return goods to us no more than 14 calendar days after the day on which you have informed us that you wish to cancel under this Clause 12.
- You may return goods to us by post or another suitable delivery service of your choice.
Please note that you must bear the costs of returning goods to us if cancelling under this Clause 12.
Refunds under this Clause 12 will be issued to you within 14 calendar days of the following:
- The day on which We receive the goods back; or
- The day on which you inform us (supplying evidence) that you have sent the goods back (if this is earlier than the day under Clause 12); or
- If we have not yet provided a Dispatch Confirmation or have not yet dispatched the goods, the day on which you inform us that you wish to cancel the contract.
Refunds under this Clause 12 may be subject to deductions in the following circumstances:
- Refunds may be reduced for any diminished value in the goods resulting from your excessive handling of them. For the purposes of this Clause 12, “excessive handling” means any more handling than is reasonable required to ascertain the nature and characteristics of the goods in question (e.g. no more than would be permitted in a shop).
- Please note that if we issue a refund before We have received the goods and have had a chance to inspect them, we may subsequently charge you an appropriate sum if we find that the goods have been handled in a way that would otherwise entitle us to reduce your refund.
- Standard delivery charges will be reimbursed in full as part of your refund. Please note, however, that We cannot reimburse for premium delivery. We will only reimburse the equivalent standard delivery costs when issuing refunds under this Clause 12.
- Refunds under this Clause 12 will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods.
Our guarantee does not apply to any defects in the Goods caused by:
- Normal wear and tear;
- Deliberate damage and/or misuse of the goods;
Failure to use the goods in accordance with their instructions (where applicable); or
The alteration of the goods by you or any third party that is not authorised by us.
Our guarantee exists in addition to your legal rights as a consumer (that the goods match their description, that they are of satisfactory quality and that they are fit for purpose). For goods that do not match their description, are not of satisfactory quality, or are not fit for purpose, please refer to Clause 11. More information on your rights as a consumer can be obtained from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
14. Our Liability to Consumers
We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and Us when the Contract is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
We only supply goods for domestic and private use by consumers. We make no warranty or representation that the goods are fit for commercial, business or industrial use of any kind (including resale). We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business or for any loss of business opportunity.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence (including that of our employees, agents or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer. For more details of Your legal rights, please refer to Your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
15. Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond our reasonable control.
If any event described under this Clause 15 occurs that is likely to adversely affect our performance of any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions:
- We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible;
- Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions (and therefore the Contract) will be suspended and any time limits that we are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- We will inform you when the event outside of our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of goods as necessary;
- If the event outside of our control continues for more than 21 days we will cancel the contract and inform you of the cancellation. Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 14 days of the date on which the contract is cancelled;
- If an event outside of our control occurs and continues for more than 21 days and you wish to cancel the contract as a result, you may do so. Any refunds due to you as a result of such cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 14 days of the date on which the contract is cancelled.
- If the contract is cancelled by you or by us under this Clause 15, any relevant goods that must be returned will be returned at our expense (with us reimbursing you where appropriate).
16. Communication and Contact Details
If you wish to contact us with general questions or complaints, you may contact through our contact page.
17. Complaints and Feedback
We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, whilst we always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of ours is a positive one, we nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
All complaints are handled in accordance with our complaints handling policy and procedure. If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with us, please contact us in writing to the following address:
Mary Jane CBD LTD, 55 Edge Fold, Plodder Lane, Farnworth, Bolton, BL4 0LW, United Kingdom.
18. How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
All personal information that we may collect (including, but not limited to, your name, address and telephone number) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide our goods and services to you;
- Process your order (including payment) for the goods; and inform you of new products and/or services available from us (if you opt or have previously opted to receive it). You may request that we stop sending you this information at any time.
- In certain circumstances (if, for example, you wish to purchase goods on credit), and with your consent, we may pass your personal information on to credit reference agencies. These agencies are also bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and should use and hold your personal information accordingly.
- We will not pass on your personal information to any third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
19. Other Important Terms
We may transfer (assign) our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if we sell our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by content on this website. Your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and our obligations under these Terms and Conditions will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
You may not transfer (assign) your [other] obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) without our express written permission.
The contract is between you and us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions. The remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid and enforceable.
No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under these Terms and Conditions means that we have waived that right, and no waiver by us of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions means that We will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements. If we change these Terms and Conditions as they relate to your order, We will give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and provide details of how to cancel if you are not happy with them.
If you do opt to cancel, you must return any affected goods you have already received and we will arrange for a full refund (including delivery charges) which will be paid within 14 days of your cancellation.
20. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
If you are a consumer, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Mary Jane CBD LTD, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Mary Jane CBD LTD, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.